Tuesday 15 November 2011

Body: Brief and ideas

Brief:

For this project we are required to explore portraiture. We have to find someone to model for us that we are not friends with so this can be a random person off the street, a friend of a friend etc. This is quite a daunting task however will be a good experience as we will not develop as photographers if we limit ourselves to just taking photos of our friends. There has to be a reason why we have chosen the person that we are going to approach. This can be a general interest in a person and what they do or they may just fit the criteria of the idea that you wish to base your work on.


Ideas:

I was excited by this project as I love photographing people. I was unsure as to which direction I wanted to take this project however. I knew that I wanted to look at 'the surface' weather that was stripping the surface by photographing someone without any make up or glamourisation but in their raw form or by photographing someone in the superficial form.
If I chose to take a raw approach then I shall look at photographers like:

-Malcolm Veinville



-Corrine day


-Paolo Roversi


If I decide to go to the other extreme I want to look at drag queens. I have always found them fascinating and will allow me to explore alter egos and performance. I am most likely to look at photographers such as:

Andy Warhol:


Curently this is the only potographer that comes to mind but will look into this topic in more depth if i take this idea further.

No comments:

Post a Comment