Thursday 8 December 2011

City shoot

St Pauls


Here are two of the images that i took of St Paul's cathedral. I feel the i have positioned the camera better than I did when I first attempted this shoot however the images are considerably darker. I feel that i have managed to get an image as similar as possible to the image that was taken of St Paul's in world war II. Out of these two images I am going to use the one above as I prefer the positioning of the people in the foreground. Although they are not relevant to my image and are not the focus I feel that they bring character and portray a modern day london. 



Tower Bridge


This image of Tower bridge was taken from London bridge. I tried to get the angles as similar as I could and include the same amount of the bridge within the image. The only issue that I have with this image is that it seems too far away but this is a problem can I will be able to resolve when printing hopefully.


St Thomas' Hospital


St Thomas' Hospital now has a more modern section that is the most accessible out of all of the buildings. I found it quite frustrating as a large majority of the older buildings are blocked by walls and trees preventing me from being able to achieve many photos of them. This made me go back and photograph the new building as although it is not a pastiche type image it is a photograph of what stands there now and how the hospital has developed over time. 


The only old building that I managed to access was the one shown in the image above. I could not take the image from quite at the same angle but tried to recreate it as much as I could. Although this is not the exact building that is featured in the original war photo it is similar and I think by taking the images in black and white it has really helped to re create am authentic look. I am going to use this image as one of my finals instead of the image of the new building because I feel that it is more relevant to my project and is closer to the original image.   

No comments:

Post a Comment