Monday 5 December 2011

Re-shoot for environment: Landscape

Re-Shoot for environment: landscape 

 Original idea:

I started my shoot by following my original idea. This was to take classic style landscape images and then destroy the negatives. After my review i decided t just burn sections of the negatives as that was that seemed to be the most effective and drastic of the techniques.

I took these three images below and they were more suitable and varied more than the images that I took when I last attempted the shoot.





Final options


I went to take a photo of an open field but could not find an angle that made it look even mildly interesting. This gave me the idea to take the image from the ground. This lead me to change my idea as I can put across the same idea of missing the beauty of landscape by having the foreground in focus and the landscape int eh background out of focus. I felt that this made a more aesthetically pleasing image that I could have more control of as burning the negative can have quite unpredictable results. 


This was the first image that I took that inspired my new approach t my idea. I was drawn to the texture of the grass and its bold colouring.


I took this image from a different angle as i wanted to vary my photos more than I did in my first set of images for this project. It is still clear that all of the images are part of a collection due to the similarities in composition and consistency of the depth of field.


These two images were of the same place but from slightly different positions. They are both darker than the images above which is okay but I don't want the image to look out of place within the collection of images. I could choose the image below due to the fact that more green is displayed and it is slightly brighter which could make it seem most connected to the other two images. On the other hand I prefer the composition of the image above. All of the leaves and branches in the foreground are in focus then graduate to being out of focus as it reaches the landscape. In the image below there are leaves in the foreground that are out of focus which could be argued to be contradictory to my concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment