Thursday 8 December 2011

Styling for portrait shoot

Styling for shoot



I met up with Tom to choose an outfit for the photoshoot. I wanted an outfit that was bold and eccentric but still something that he actually wears. We chose outfits that were layered with interesting textures and patterns. This is important for the shoot as I am using black and white film so we will not be able to show his personality using colour.   

These two images are of the same outfit but with different jackets. The black jacket looked more simplistic which isn't really the look that I wanted so we took another but with the fur 
jacket.





The outfit on the left was more of a going out outfit which I liked and the tassels would look look good in my photos but I am planning to only take the photos from the shoulders upwards (maybe slightly lower) so the tassels would barely be visible in the shot. This would make the outfit too plain. 

We chose the outfit to the right because it had quite a lot of layering and there was a subtle clash in textures between the silk shirt and the denim jacket.





We looked at this outfit because the cape type garment that Tom is wearing was a pleated skirt that he had altered. This made the garment more personal to him and his character. Although I do like this and feel it would portray his creativity there is the problem again of most of the garment being unlikely to be seen in the shot.



This outfit is a mixture of smart and glamour and I wanted to look at how the sequins would photograph.  In this snap shot they do shot up but could be mistaken for white dots on the top but I think with the detail that I could get from the film camera in my shoot they could show up clearer. 




In the end I chose the outfit above. I thought that the variety of clashing patterns would be perfect for the shoot as it really puts across Toms bold, unique style. I have shown the outfit in both colour and black and white here just because I love think you can fully appreciate why I was drawn to this outfit when you first see it in colour.  




No comments:

Post a Comment